There is always a light

There is always a light
Don't be afraid if you are alone or surrounded by darkness. In some part of the world, the day has just begun. There is a always a light waiting for you to find your way to touch its radiance.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mr Right: Limited Edition

By Samarpita Mukherjee Sharma
Bhopal, India


It would leave my mom wondering why I was 28 and still single.

She walked into my room one night and asked me to give her a list of qualities that would make my ideal man. So I sat with an A4 sheet in hand and after hours of staring at it, I finally managed to put ink on paper.

My mom who was expecting a register full of qualities was shocked to see just a word scribbled on one corner of a sheet.

'COURAGE'. It said.In CAPITAL letters.

My mom didn't really get it. I finally got it.

At least now I knew what i want in the man I would love to love.

BALLS!! I say!!!I have been searching for a man with courage.

Courage

·         To love the 'Monday morning me' as much as the 'Saturday night me'.
·         To kiss my dry lips and hold my slippery hands.
·         To respect the Saint & the Satan: as both reside inside my body as companions.
·         To realize that the silence in me is more disturbing than the storm in me.
·         To appreciate the appreciations I get sometimes from family, friends and few good men.
·         To smile on my 5 different types of high-pitched laughter.
·         To take turns for cooking & cleaning & washing & planning & thinking & dreaming & kissing and driving.
·         To acknowledge my absence and sometimes ignore my presence.
·         To feel unembarrassed about embarrassing situations that surround my life.
·         To find comfort in my burps and hiccups.
·         To live life QUEENsize.
·         To know that I am not a 'know-it-all'.
·         To want the 'changed me' without wanting to change me.
·         To have the courage to love a courageous me.

I want a man with balls coz its takes courage to live and a whole lotta courage to love!

Seven months into the "happily married" phase of my life, today I celebrate, my man and his courage :)


3 comments:

  1. Nice piece of work!
    COURAGE maketh THE man:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks my lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the verge if completing 5 years of marriage, as I went on to reed this...I think I nailed the answer to why I feel the man I am with is the strongest contender of them all....in spite and despite long standing attachments,hungover relationships....i could not have framed it better...simply COURAGE....to be and let me be...and to do it all so effortlessly...what a turn on...;)

    ReplyDelete