There is always a light

There is always a light
Don't be afraid if you are alone or surrounded by darkness. In some part of the world, the day has just begun. There is a always a light waiting for you to find your way to touch its radiance.

Friday, November 20, 2009

A Conversation With Mr Popli

By Samarpita Mukherjee Sharma
Bhopal, India
Yes, thats right Mr. Popli..I puke only after 8 pegs. Not a drop before that.
Oh no, that happens only when I mix marijuana with rum and whiskey...On weekends usually.
Yes, that's right..my dad thinks you are the one for me. I think so too. I will have someone to blame in my suicide note, you know.
Oh yes, I get suicidal once a month. Yes, I am insured. But the money goes to my dad...I agree..you deserve the money..if not anything in dowry then at least this.
What did they promise you in dowry? As far as I know, its only a brand new Hawkins pressure cooker we got as Diwali gift a decade back (saved and stored just for the GROOM).
Yes, I am pretty, I just hate getting upper lips done...you will get used to my mustache..don't you worry a wee bit.
This weekend? But I have an appointment with the shrink...but it is just a routine visit..why are you getting so upset Mr. Popli? Are you on Prozac too?
You are not? So we have nothing in common? But that shouldn't bother us..OPPOSITES ATTRACT no?
How do you like your drink Mr. Popli? With poison? Without Poison?
hello? hello? MR. Popli..Are you there? Can't hear you? Hello...Meet me Mr. Popli... at least meet me. love will happen...I will postpone my appointment with the shrink... hello... Mr. Popli?


I think we lost him daddy :(


4 comments: