There is always a light

There is always a light
Don't be afraid if you are alone or surrounded by darkness. In some part of the world, the day has just begun. There is a always a light waiting for you to find your way to touch its radiance.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Dream That Failed

By Shubhodeep Pal
Dehradun, India




It was the day you said I'd see you smile.
I said you'd be mine for aeons after -
You almost smiled.
But you wanted to warp my whims
So you smiled with your eyes.

I waited beneath the silent sky
And saw countless seconds whir wearily by
And the sun turned black then scarlet and wild -
I must have been destiny's ill-fated child. 

The days grew thin and
Old; creepers haunted my nightless 
Eyes. You remained in my dreams… 

...And now I wait with bated zeal
For the apologies that my jaded humour
Will shred and hone. 

My moonlit burns glimmer
With passionless fragments of memory:

I know this story now.
This time my scars will be forged -
I stopped dreaming of you two dreamless winters ago.
Remember?
It was the day you waltzed my dreams away.


No comments:

Post a Comment